The CIF Southern Construct
November 19, 2020
The Construction Industry Federation and Business Post LIVE are delighted to announce the virtual staging of the 2020 Southern Region Construction Summit on 19th November. Following the enormous success of last year’s inaugural event, this year’s conference will focus on the unprecedented challenges that the sector has faced since last March. The COVID-19 pandemic has had a profound effect on the industry, and as it recovers, we will be exploring key issues including:
- How is the is crisis changing construction and reshaping property demands?
- Are we committed to delivering Project 2040?
- Creating certainty in the infrastructure pipeline to ensure we can deliver future plans…
- How to fix some of the biggest obstacles to getting more building projects off the ground?
- The impact of pharma and life-science growth on the industry…
This event will showcase some of the most influential projects ahead; particularly across transport, property and manufacturing, as well as delivering a comprehensive agenda on what the region needs in order to ensure successful infrastructural development for its future.
Featuring leading content, panel debates, keynotes and discussions, this conference is one that will look to rebuild the industry and explore how we turn this crisis into an opportunity to learn, improve and better prepare for the future. It has never been more important for the industry to rally together and look for solutions to overcome some of the biggest challenges the industry has ever faced.
Development of the southern region and its urban centres is critical to Ireland’s recovering economy and population.
Whilst our agenda is at an early stage of development, topics we’ll be exploring include:
- Transport Infrastructure in the southern region: An update
- The importance of the southern region and its urban centres to Ireland’s planning
- Opportunities for further growth
- The public spending code
- Access to finance
- Pushing the boundaries on innovation for apartment building
- Project updates – The Cork Metropolitan Area Transport Strategy (CMATS) Ireland – France sub-sea cable
- The Cork lower harbour drainage project
- Data centre development in the southern region
- The growth of Pharma and Life sciences in the region
- Housing building in the region
This event is designed for anyone in southern regions construction space. Attendees will include: engineers, subcontractors, construction management, IT professionals, distributors, infrastructure project leaders, architects, plant managers, BIM Managers, buyers and digital construction professionals.
The Virtual Summit Experience
To adapt to the current environment and the growing demand for delegates to enjoy the conference experience in an online manner, The CIF Southern Construct Summit 2020 will come to you as a virtual event.
While our delegates will join in from the comfort of their homes and offices across Ireland and around the world, the event itself will be broadcast live from our dedicated studio in Cork. Many of our speakers and panellists will appear live on stage, while our international keynotes and participants will be video-conferenced in to join the conversation.
Delegates will have the opportunity to step into the unique virtual summit environment, which includes access to the main virtual conference stage for the full day, live speaker & panel Q&A sessions, a virtual exhibition hall, copies of presentations & content post-event, as well as the opportunity to network, connect and chat with fellow online attendees, speakers and partners in real time.
Virtual attendance will be easily facilitated by our specially customised conferencing platform and dedicated AV team.
Benefits of virtual attendance include:
- Access to Virtual Main Stage for all keynotes, presentations and debates
- Video content of the latest technology
- Opportunities to meet 100’s of attendees virtually, and set up meetings and conversations
- Online virtual exhibition hall
- Meet the industry using our matchmaking and profiling facilities
- Copy of attendee list post-event
- Copy of all presentations post-event
Read below to see what some of the attendees from our previous events have to say:
DRS Bond Management
‘Interesting final panel discussion this afternoon at CIF’s Southern Construct on forward thinking in commercial and residential development – with Michael O’Flynn of O’Flynn Group, Michael O’Sullivan Greene of Cork House Builders and Brian O’Callaghan, O’Callaghan Properties.Great to see Brendan Keating CEO of Port of Cork speaking on the development of Cork Harbour at the Southern Construct 2019 conference in Cork City. We are delighted to be in attendance at today’s event.
Interesting discussion at CIF Ireland Southern Construct on Innovation and Productivity in Construction today with our own Jonathan Argue on Stage with Simon Tritschler, BAM, David Purdon, Diatec Ireland and Joe O’Sullivan, Sisk Group.
Gas Networks Ireland
We’re delighted to be sponsoring today’s Southern Construct summit in Cork. Our National Customer Acquisition Manager, Fran McFadden will be speaking this afternoon about the importance of the gas network today and in the future.
Our Tickets and Pricing
Earlybird virtual ticket rates are available for a limited time only
GET 4 TICKETS FOR THE PRICE OF 3
GET 10 TICKETS FOR THE PRICE OF 6
GET 20 TICKETS FOR THE PRICE OF 10
Our 2020 Sponsors and Supporters
If you have any questions, requests, or require assistance with your booking, please feel free to contact me: